PREGNANCY EMOTIONS UNCENSORED
There is a protective instinct in you that changes when you become a mother. In an instant you can be an aggressive mother bear protecting her cub. The idea that someone may put your child in harms way can elicit a flash of wild rage; one may consider a point of insanity. Today I was getting out of my car to go into the mall. I have to find Ashton a blue polo shirt to wear under his Diego vest when we see Go Diego Go Live at the Fox in 2 weeks (yes, it’s a must!). I had Cullen all buckled in the stroller and ready to go and as I started to step out from in between the cars, some women flew by in a white car going about 50mph! No exaggeration. She was flying through the parking lot! I yanked the stroller back and screamed (what would’ve been a scream if I didn’t have laryngitis). In an instant, I was ready to rip her head off! Words flew out of my mouth and had she been a lip reader (and going slow enough to read) she would’ve known my anger. She came inches from clipping us! And my next thought was; what if Ashton was with me? He may have been hit since he is always trying to wiggle out of walking next to me and WAITING for mommy! This image that flew through my mind about brought me to tears. Who the hell goes through a parking lot that fast?? No one that has kids…that’s for sure!! I stared, waited and hoped she would turn around TO make her way back my direction – I was ready to attack!! It’s probably a good thing she didn’t. I would have to claim no responsibility for what I would do to a person who so nearly injured my baby and never even noticed! After about an hour, I calmed down. I’m sure pregnancy had a lot to do with heightened emotions but I still feel my emotions were somewhat legit. I’ll just say; if you are a parking lot speeder and you have an angry looking pregnant woman mouthing words to you, let me assure you, she is not saying “Have a nice day.”

4 Comments:
Yes...as a parent...true 'insanity' sets in.. unfortunately, what is insane to other people, is just true soul-loving mommie feelings to us. We are the ONLY ones that understand what we feel, and what see 'could' happen. It's all good, Reney!! You are an AWESOME mom!!
Irene, I totally know how you feel, I was so emotional when I was carrying Brooke, to the point that I couldn't understand why people didn't feel the same way as me and often wondered why people would intentionally hurt my feelings. It really hit around the 5 month mark. I agree, you are definitely an AWESOME mom!
No matter how bloated, exhausted, forgetful, emotional and overloaded you are, you are still a brilliant blogger!! I find your stories so powerfully funny, entertaining and heart wrenching, all at the same time!! I love who you are. You will stay strong and pull through...and live to tell us the stories :) love ya
p.s. love ya, Kristina
I forgot to sign it
Post a Comment
<< Home