Monday, January 15, 2007

My Buddy



Two weeks after Seth's birth, Beth and I though it was time to introduce the future "buddies" to each other. Beth is a friend of mine from Michigan. How lucky was I when she found the man of her dreams right here in Knoxville, Tennessee? When I was 5 months pregnant with Cullen I found out Beth was bringing another friend to town:) I'm very thankful that our Christmas vacation was cut short because we got home just in time for little Seth to arrive and I got to witness him coming into this world. What an amazing experience to watch your friend give birth! When it's you giving birth, of course the experience is different; and when it's my patient, the experience is just medical. Finally I got to be the one teary-eyed with a camera in hand. The only thing I was missing was the cigar (cough-cough-yuk!).

As for Ashton, he just started speaking Spanish to me yesterday. I think this is a mixture of Diego, Dora, and a little from preschool. He came into the kitchen and said "hola mama". Stunned, I said "hola Ashton". He said a couple phrases I couldn't quite make out then he put his hands close together and said "pequeño", then made them wide and said "grande". I excitedly clapped and repeated what he had just said. Then he pointed to Cullen and said "pequeño" and then to me and said "grande". Hmmm, I'm not sure I like being referenced as grande unless it's what I'm ordering from Starbucks, but I guess I am grande next to little Culley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home